Meet and collaborate online with others who share a passion for the scientific exploration of cognition, intelligence, and consciousness relevant to humans, artificial intelligence (AI) systems, and cognitively advanced animals. Science is the frameworks that guide our inquiries and discussions.
Is This Group for You?
To enjoy and benefit from participating in this group, you don’t have to be a scientist. You are a good candidate for our group if you:
• are genuinely interested in the group’s focal topics (brain, mind, cognition, intelligence, consciousness, AI, etc.)
• are a lifelong learner who will check posted materials prior to each meeting and take part in discussions
• are self-disciplined in civil discourse (trolling, proselytizing, and other overly dominating, aggressive, or abusive behaviors won’t be tolerated)
• are local to greater Albuquerque, New Mexico, or able to collaborate remotely, through this site
Additionally, it would benefit the group’s learning and social goals if you are able and willing occasionally to take the lead on preparing and facilitating a discussion or related event (relevant field trip or guest speaker, etc.).
Active Participation: You are welcome to be primarily a listener or lurker, but we’ll all get more from our group if you put forward your own relevant questions, ideas, and understandings.
This Collaboration Site
To gain permission to post and comment on this site:
- If you have attended a couple of BMCAI meetings and are in good standing, send your preferred personal email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not local to Albuquerque or cannot attend our meetings for other reasons, you may still request authoring permissions by sending your preferred personal email address to email@example.com. In your message, please explain where you live and what your specific interests are, relevant to our group.
We plan to meet once per month for a discussion, lecture, or field trip and at other times for an occasional social gathering. Follow meeting announcements at http://www.meetup.com/abq_brain_mind_consciousness_AI/
For a successful group experience, members must:
- be respectful and civil at all events and in all comments posted. Not use our websites to exchange disrespectful comments with others.
- visit the Meetup website and RSVP (Yes or No) a minimum of once in a three-month period. Those who don’t may be removed from the rolls. Former members who were in good standing may rejoin at any time.
- honor your RSVPs or change them. If you RSVP “Yes” and you do not show, call or text the host if your plans change (preferably before the event start time), you are a “No-Show”. Some meetings have seat limitations and waiting lists. No shows may deprive waiting-list members attending. (If you RSVP “No”, or if you do not RSVP, we are not expecting you and you must not attend.)